Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November 21st




(this is a view of the new york skyline, just a block away from my aunt and uncles house.)

today we flew into new jersey and were welcomed by long-lost family.

i hardly ever see my dad's side of the family due to distance. so when the planets aligned, my uncle pat made it on broadway and jared was scheduled to play at madison square garden, a trip was well in order.

this was my first trip to new york and i was definitely not prepared. the island is huge! it completely dwarfs chicago. my first night in the city, my cousin showed me around time square. there were lights lining every inch of the buildings, and advertisement after advertisement stacked on top of one another.

this was only my first night in the city and i already felt completely overwhelmed (but in a very good way)

2 comments:

Follett Family said...

these pictures of your new york trip are stunning, jake. hopefully i'll see you soon! maybe over thanksgiving break??

Gossip Girl here said...

This photo is the best ever.
I love New York
I am going to follow you!